I went to Tillerson’s ranch in Bartonville [Texas]. I pulled up in front of his ranch, a big, big horse ranch. In front of the gate to his ranch, there was this big sculpted metal globe. It looked like someone took a carving knife to it and the whole upper part of the globe, along these uneven serrated edges, opened up into this gaping void, and I thought, Wow, that is symbolic. Here is Tillerson’s globe and it’s a world whose apex has been systematically shredded. It was quite a metaphor.
- Getting Past Trump, Part 2: The Russia Connection, By Richard Heinberg
- What It Means To Be ‘Woke’: Radical Activism Is Spiritual As Well As Political, By Terry Patten
- Grief And Imperfection: What It Means To Hold Each Other Close, By Umair Haque
- How to Thrive When the World’s Falling Apart: A Tiny Seven Step Program for Happiness, Beauty, Truth, and Love, By Umair Haque
- The Spirituality Of Humanness, By Jeff Brown
- The Soul-Crushing Legacy Of Billy Graham, By Bob Moser
- How Six Americans Changed Their Minds About Global Warming
- Russiagate Or Deep State? What Some Progressives Get Wrong On Russia, By John Feffer
- Extinction Anxiety, By Randy Morris, Ph.D.
anthropocene beauty catastrophic climate change civil liberties climate change collapse collapse of industrial civilization community corruption denial depression despair drought economic collapse economy ecopsychology emotional and spiritual preparation empire energy energy depletion environment extinction extreme weather food security Fukushima global warming grief Guy McPherson hospice infinite growth joy meaning methane near-term extinction new paradigm options Peak oil purpose radiation resilience resource wars self-reinforcing feedback loops shadow spirituality transition